What's new

Welcome to GloTorrents Community

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Answer

Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic

Contact Staff

Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions

πŸ’  𝕆𝔽𝔽𝕀ℂ𝕀𝔸𝕃 KARAOKE ENTHUSIAST CHAT

mee7532

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Upon doing some checking, most of mine are 128. With the exception of what I have from the Zoom Pop Chart Picks ( ZPCP xxx ) Series. I didn't check all of them, but what I did were either 192 or 320. You are welcome to do what you will with these, hopefully they serve you well. As I look at them, I'm not happy with the way I have them labeled at this time. This group is making me work too hard at cleaning up my drive.

I will share them here as soon as they finish uploading to MEGA
By "this group" I guess you mean "me" lol
Don't worry, the more I check through my scrubbed and tidied collection, I still find stuff that isn't perfect.
(It came about as I added extra manufacturers after I had done the complete sweep of the whole set). It is impossible to keep it perfect - unless I do 2 or 3 more full sweeps, which fills me with dread at the moment.....
I am pretty happy with what I have done and I hope it helps some dedicated KJs out there.
I know it won't be for everybody (I binned most of the vocal tracks - and BJ detests some of my tagging lol)
But I just got a bit disappointed when I saw my favourite manufacturer was mainly 128K files.
The modern stuff is better, like you say - ZPCP seems to get better over time.
Maybe I could do a spreadsheet? then everybody could look at what albums are at what bitrate - and if they have a better one then upload it, and I will swap them into the MEGA share.
In theory that will mean we can get the best files that everybody has all in one place.

Maybe it is too much to ask? and like you said - not everybody is a filename psychopath like me :)

I haven't mentioned it before, but a big driver in all of this is my eyes.
I need things to be as clear as possible 'cos I can't see that well at the minute.
I am awaiting my third eye operation shortly......
You gotta do what you gotta do...

Lee.

mee7532

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
By "this group" I guess you mean "me" lol
Don't worry, the more I check through my scrubbed and tidied collection, I still find stuff that isn't perfect.
(It came about as I added extra manufacturers after I had done the complete sweep of the whole set). It is impossible to keep it perfect - unless I do 2 or 3 more full sweeps, which fills me with dread at the moment.....
I am pretty happy with what I have done and I hope it helps some dedicated KJs out there.
I know it won't be for everybody (I binned most of the vocal tracks - and BJ detests some of my tagging lol)
But I just got a bit disappointed when I saw my favourite manufacturer was mainly 128K files.
Maybe I could do a spreadsheet? then everybody could look at what albums are at what bitrate - and if they have a better one then upload it, and I will swap them into the MEGA share.
In theory that will mean we can get the best files that everybody has all in one place.

Maybe it is too much to ask? and like you said - not everybody is a filename psychopath like me :)

I need things to be as clear as possible 'cos I can't see that well at the minute.

Lee.

By "The group" I mean that I don't feel like I am doing all of this "collecting" alone. I feel I gotta have them all, but when I share files with the group, I want them to be labeled perfectly and with good working files. Don't want to be sharing crap files.

I believe we all like being able to get rare, hard to find songs, even if we may have to relabel or redu the music track. I have been collecting these since I switched from hard disc to mp3+g in 2004. I appreciate all that "the group" does, and Leenew, you are and integral part of making me want to be better. It is great that we can share this music and that we try to help each other. Keep up the good work, everyone.

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
One thing I will add is that there is no such thing as labelling things perfectly.
We will all want something slightly different to be perfect for us (As long as the basic info is correct for a start).
As I just mentioned, myself and BJ clash when it comes to perfect tagging. That is fine.
BJ's way will be perfect for BJ and my way is better suited to me.
It just means each one of us can find things as quickly as possible I suppose.
But at any rate, I think the MEGA share is on a whole new level to any other large collection.
Once people get used to batch-tagging, they can change things they don't like pretty easily.
I have R.E.M. but some may want REM. I have TLC, but some may want T.L.C. Who knows?!

**(The way I settled on these was to google the band and see what the name of the band was stylised as)**

That is the reason I left everything unzipped. It makes things like this easier to edit.

Lee.

Last edited:

BJtheDJ

πŸ‘‘π’―π”¬π”―π”―π”’π”«π”± ℒ𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝒹>>π”π”žπ”°π”±π”’π”― 𝔇𝔍 ♬
Staff member
Junior Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
<SNIP>
Can't remember that, but the memory is one of the first things to go (n)
Back in the day, in the usenet sounds.mp3 groups in the mid to late 90s - 128kb/s
was considered absolute luxury!! There was no Broadband (at least not in the UK)

With the speakers that we used then it was next to impossible to hear whether a
CD had been ripped at a higher rate that 128kb/sec, and for mono tracks ie. most
50s and 60s music it was general to rip at 64kb/sec mono.

It was only at the beginning of this century that 192kb/sec started appearing
regularly.

When I rip nowadays I rip at 320kb/sec - but that's only to keep downloaders
happy; on my computer's "Creative" I can't hear a difference. A helluva lotta
karaoke discs until recently were mono as well :devilish:

Must agree, I do prefer Zoom and it's my go to, but he is careless with his lyrics
missing "Any way the wind goes" from the end of Bohemian rhapsody was
carelessness of the highest order - and they have a large number of other lyric
errors, like most companies they get Roger Miller's "King of the Road" line "Short
but too big or round" (ie they've been stepped on) substituting 'around' rather
than 'or round'

Yep agree about that, general old age for me, but my diabetes is causing me probs
right now - have a second eye welfare check next week because the normal one
couldn't see behind my cataracts which are not getting better.

So, your other two eyes are OK then ?? <GBFG>

Lee.
AGREED !!!!

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Lolz!!
I am sure there are plenty of third eye jokes just waiting to be told...

I have had a semi-charmed kinda life so I hope my third eye doesn't go blind....
Lee.

sacot1

🌟 Valued Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
From BJ.
Yep agree about that, general old age for me, but my diabetes is causing me probs
right now - have a second eye welfare check next week because the normal one
couldn't see behind my cataracts which are not getting better.

i had my eyes done July as my diabetes left me unable to see my computer or the 50" TV or drive at all . For 1300 quid i had both lenses replaced and since bought a 75" TV and passed my driving test here in Thailand enabling me to see my computer screen, Watch TV, ride my bike and drive my truck again.
My friend who runs pubs in the UK has also had the surgery and has his eyesight back so i would recommend it to anyone suffering from this problem to go see about it.

KaraokeGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Yes all the time, it tends to happen with new stuff I buy not tracks from here as they have normally already been formatted. I always unzip any new tracks I purchase from KV and then KJ File Manager them as this has caught me out several times!!

I haven't though worked out why it does this as it doesn't usually happen with any other manufacturer, although it could be that the zip file number and the number in the zip are different, it's just my theory though.
Thank you so much... Next time I buy a Karaoke-Version track, i'll go ahead and unzip and save in new folder, then hit it with mp3 toolz to rezip and see if kj file manager is nice to it. I appreciate you.

mee7532

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
I was just looking through the ZOOM collection on the MEGA share as it seems to be the most popular manufacturer (for me at least).
My motto is, "If in doubt, use the Zoom version".....
I am a bit disappointed to see how much of it is 128KBPS.
Is there any appetite for trying to club together all known 192KBPS and 320KBPS albums and replacing the 128KBPS albums?
If so, what would be the best way to go about it?
I would do all the re-tagging and re-uploading etc.
As a starter, virtually all of the ZOOM PLATINUM ARTISTS is at 128KBPS....

Lee.
MEGA finally allowed me to upload the ZOOM tracks. Not sure what is going on, but it was giving me an error until I downloaded the app, but here they are:

Zoom Pop Chart Picks ( ZPCP xxx ) : https://mega.nz/folder/0eUWzayD#_7TRZD5GaF26tjfeubozQg

Zoom Pop Chart Picks Year ( ZPCP20xx ) : https://mega.nz/folder/0HsFXCJA#ijkt-U-3pMYCGBYzmeMoow

sacot1

🌟 Valued Member
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
MEGA finally allowed me to upload the ZOOM tracks. Not sure what is going on, but it was giving me an error until I downloaded the app, but here they are:

Zoom Pop Chart Picks ( ZPCP xxx ) : https://mega.nz/folder/0eUWzayD#_7TRZD5GaF26tjfeubozQg

Zoom Pop Chart Picks Year ( ZPCP20xx ) : https://mega.nz/folder/0HsFXCJA#ijkt-U-3pMYCGBYzmeMoow
Thanks for uploading these.
Unfortunately they don't improve on any that I already have.
In fact some that I have are at higher bit rates than the ones you have, and I have a handful more albums, so if you are interested, get them from my share.... :)

Lee.

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Does anyone have any of the following ZOOM albums at either 192K or 320KBPS bit-rates please?
All mine are 128K

ZOOM Karaoke legends 1-19
ZOOM Golden Years 1959-1987
ZOOM Jukebox 1-19
ZOOM Platinum artists 1-130 (All of them!)
ZOOM Pop box 1
ZOOM Pop box 2
ZOOM superhits 1,3,5,6,7,10
ZOOM Superhits 2019,2020
ZOOM Turbo Packs 1-10 and 21-50
ZOOM Vocal stars 1-21

I will obviously add them straight to the MEGA share..... :)

Lee.

BJtheDJ

πŸ‘‘π’―π”¬π”―π”―π”’π”«π”± ℒ𝔒𝔀𝔒𝔫𝒹>>π”π”žπ”°π”±π”’π”― 𝔇𝔍 ♬
Staff member
Junior Administrator
+Lifetime VIP+
Verified Uploader
Contributor
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Lee, It would most likely be a great help to the others here
(especially new visitors) if you left a link to your MEGA share
as part of your (at the moment non-existent) signature.

You can add/change your signature by going to the top of any
forum page and clicking on your username - you'll se a heap of
options; 7th down on the left is signature, or clicking on this link:

SIGNATURE.

leenew Karaoke

+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
Lee, It would most likely be a great help to the others here
(especially new visitors) if you left a link to your MEGA share
as part of your (at the moment non-existent) signature.

You can add/change your signature by going to the top of any
forum page and clicking on your username - you'll se a heap of
options; 7th down on the left is signature, or clicking on this link:

SIGNATURE.
If someone could check that clicking my signature takes people to the correct place...

Lee.

Hazz

A Rather Splendid Fellow
+Lifetime VIP+
Registered
Reaction score
Credits
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7